Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)

Question: How can I get admission form?
Answer: Admission form can be downloaded from the download section of this website.

Question: I have done Intermediate in Arts. Can I apply for admission as cadet (Nautical/ Marine Engineering)?
Answer: For 2 year Cadetship program, leading to award of Associate Degree, the candidates must have the following qualification: i) HSSC(Pre- Engineering)/equivalent qualification with Mathematics, ii) Candidates having Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) having Physics, Physics and Chemistry in at least 2nd Division Mathematics & Chemistry are also eligible

Question: My age on 31st Dec. will be 20 years and 5 days(that is overage by 5 days), am I eligible to apply for 2 year cadetship program?
Answer: Relaxation in age even for 01 day is not allowed. However, upper age limit for candidates belonging to FATA/FANA and Azad Kashmir is 21 years.

Question: Does the Academy provide job/internship after completion of training?
Answer: Pakistan Marine Academy does not guarantee any job after the training. Merit list of passed out cadets are forwarded to the shipping companies to accommodate the cadets on their vessels/ships. The passed out cadets approach these companies or the companies may call them. Marine Engineering cadets after passing out from the Academy(on completion of 2 year Academic training) are required to do 01 year practical training at a marine workshop in Karachi(either at KPT or PNSC), which is arranged by the Academy through Ministry of Ports & Shipping.

Question: Is there any bond after completion of training in the Academy?
Answer: There is no binding on the passed out cadets after completion of training. They may seek job anywhere in the world in any company.

Question: What is CDC/SSB/Seaman Service Book?
Answer: SSB (Seaman Service Book) is a pass to step into ship, subsequent seafaring and visiting around the ports of countries of the world. This is issued from a government shipping office under the merchant shipping rules. Information related to sea-service, performance and medical fitness are continually recorded in a SSB. CDC is the previous name for SSB.

Question: What is the procedure for getting SSB?
Answer: All passed out cadets & GP-III trainees are issued SSB on completion of their training.